Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul C Paul C is offline

Default Excel 2007 Conditional Formatting

In the condition formatting use the selection Use a formula to determine
which cells to format.

This example is for cell A4

your formula should be =A4<1, and select your percentage format. May sure
you take out any $ that Excel may put in.

If you cell is already set to the general number format, no other conditions
should be needed and you can use the format painter or edit the conditional
format range to apply this as needed.
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"Jordan" wrote:

I am trying to apply conditional formatting to a column of numbers based on
the value in the cell.

If the number if greater than 1 I would like it to be formatted at currency.
If the cell is less than 1 I would like it to be formatted as a percent.

In otherwords; we are going to enter either a number (6) or a fraction of a
number representing a percent (.10). Each row will be different and was
hoping to have it properly format as the number is entered.

Any help will be appreciated.

Jordan