Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Comparing 3 numbers

This should do it.
=INDEX($1:$1,MATCH(MIN(A2:C2),2:2,0))

a b c d
2 1 4 b
2 4 5 a
5 3 2 c
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

wrote in message
On May 18, 10:33 am, "Don Guillett" wrote:
Looking in the help index search box for MIN or MAX should help.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
wrote in message

I'm comparing prices at Baker's, Walmart, and Costco. I've got the
item, unit cost, size, and cost per ounce. I know how to make
comparisons between two numbers using a statement such as:

=IF(D3I3,"Bakers","Walmart")

but how do I add Costco to the equation?

Thank you.

This only returns a number, correct? In other words, =MIN(D3,I3,N3)
will only give a number, not a store name. I'd like to be able to see
the name of the store with the lowest prices.