Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default SUMIF is not update why?

The alternative is to use SUMPRODUCT. It's a bit of an odd workaround, but it
does update when your linked file is closed.

If your sumif was, say,

=sumif([Book.xls]Sheet!$A:$A,A2,[Book.xls]Sheet!$B:$B)

Then, sumproduct would be:

=SUMPRODUCT(--([Book.xls]Sheet!$A:$A=A2),[Book.xls]Sheet!$B:$B)

somehwat inelegant, but it works!

"Satyendra_Haldaur" wrote:

My experience says it is better if you click on dont update.it would not
create any hazardous on the connectivity within your files.
"vlook fomula" wrote:

Dear all,
I am facing problem in SUMIF formula and problem is: I have applied SUMIF
formula and linked with another file not, when I try to open this file it
shows update then I click on it. But it is not updating file and shows
#VALUE!, if I open the link file its auto update, while this file has so many
€śvlook€ť application also liked with the same file it is not creating problem
but SUMIF applications only.
Kindly help in this regards

God Bless u all

Zafar