Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
John Calder John Calder is offline

Default Windows SOE Issue

Hi

I run WinXP with Excel 2K

The company I work for has many emplyees who each have their own unique
logon to the system. (eg; QADEL1)

I have a number of files that reside on a network server that various people
update (not a shared workbook).

When I open the file from the server whilst someone else already has it open
it tells me who has the file open (eg; QADEL1) and asks if I would like to
view it as read only.

This is good because I can identify who the user is and ask them to close it
down if they have finished with it.

The problem is that even although all employees have a long-on, sometimes it
comes up with Windows SOE is the user, which means I have no idea who is
actually using the file.

Has anyone any ideas on how this problem occurs?

Thanks

When the spread