Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
melody_ph[_2_] melody_ph[_2_] is offline

Default bank recon - OssieMac please provide me with detail instructio

OssieMac...can I possibly email you? Just once I promise...To show you the
worksheet...You can put your formula in and email it back to me and I will
not bother you anymore...^.^...my email is

"OssieMac" wrote:

Sorry I have been unable to get back to you sooner.

What version of Excel are you using so that I can give the detailed
instructions for that version.

Also is my assumption of the layout of data as follows correct? If not can
you list the columns and what data you have in each column on both the Bank
Satement and Ledger sheets.

I am still assuming that you are comparing the Descriptions. Are these
descriptions exactly the same on each sheet? If not, are there any part/s of
the description that always matches like and Invoice number and if so, can
you give me an example of the format of the number?

Assume that in both worksheets:
Column A contains Date
Column B contains Description
Column C contains amount