Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
melody_ph[_2_] melody_ph[_2_] is offline

Default bank recon - OssieMac please provide me with detail instruction

If you can please provide me with detail instructions...

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi Melody,

Assume that in both worksheets:
Column A contains Date
Column B contains Description
Column C contains amount
Actual data starts in row 2.

Select Bank Statement worksheet.
Select the data in Description column only from the cell below the column
header to the bottom of the data.
Select Define Name (see Help for how to Define a name)
Name the range Statement.
Close Define name dialog box.

Change to Ledger worksheet.
Select all three columns of data of the data from the row below the column
headers to the bottom of the data.
Select Conditional Format (See Help for where to find Conditional format)
Select Formula option.
Enter the following formula. (You can copy this formula from here and paste
it into the field in Conditional Format)
=ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B2,Statement,1,FALSE))
Click Format button in the dialog box and set Fill color.
Click Apply or OK as applicable until Conditional Format dialog box closed.

Repeat the above but start on the Ledger sheet and name the range Ledger and
then change to Bank Statement and set the conditional format again as above
but the formula will be as follows: (You can copy this formula from here and
paste it into the field in conditional format)
=ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B2,Ledger,1,FALSE))

If you can't work out how to Define Names and Conditional Format then get
back to me and tell me what version of Excel you have and I will attempt to
provide detailed instructions.

OssieMac