Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
learnlearn52 learnlearn52 is offline

Default How do I perform extended calculations in a Pivot Table in Excel 2

How do I perform extended calculations in a Pivot Table in Excel 2003?

From the raw data in a worksheet, I created a Pivot Table shown below. How
do I:

1. add columns to the Pivot Table which would show me the additional
calculations?

2. Make these additional calculations dynamic so that whenever the original
worksheet is updated, the Pivot Tables and the calculations are updated or
refreshed automatically.

Fail Pass Grand Total
Jan-2008 4 6 10
Feb-2008 10 20 30
Mar-2008 3 17 20
Apr-2008 2 28 30
May-2008 1 39 40

Grand Total 20 110 130

The calculations I would like to perform a

1. A column adjacent to the Pass column showing the cumulative Pass
2. A second column to the right of the Grand Total showing the cumulative
Grand Total
3. A third column showing the calculated ratio of the Pass to Grand Total
column
4. A fourth column showing the calculated ratio of the Cumulative Pass
column to the Cumulative Grand Total column.

Currently, I am copying the Pivot Table and creating the percentages using
the Field Settings Option in this table. Additionally, I am manually creating
another table showing the cumulative totals and the corresponding percentages.

Please suggest a good book or reference on Pivot Tables that would cover
this type of topics and more!!! Thanks in advance.