Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Doug B[_2_] Doug B[_2_] is offline

Default Macro Editing

I want to find an object in a column that matches the cell I am in, but I
want it to be interactive so that it always looks for whatever data exists in
the current cell I am in. I am no programmer but I do edit Macros to do what
I want.

What I have tried to do is copy the current cell while recording a macro and
then go to the column that I want to find this information in and select
find. I then paste what is stored on the clipboard into the find box and
then I end the Macro. What I see in the Macro is not what I want though. I
want to paste what is on the current clipboard not a fixed set of text
"Northwest Region - NW Region - Dist 3".

ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Range("A1").Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveCell.Offset(0, -3).Columns("A:A").EntireColumn.Select
ActiveCell.Offset(-12, -3).Range("A1").Activate
Selection.Find(What:="Northwest Region - NW Region - Dist 3", After:= _
ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlWhole,
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False,
SearchFormat:=False).Activate

db