Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF Strikethrough

Usually you would need macros to do this, but in this case you can avoid
macros if you use a helper column. Say A1 thru A20 contain numbers and Z1
thru Z20 contain 1.

Click on A1 and:

Format Conditional Formatting... Formula Is =Z1=0
and pick strikethrough format.

In another cell enter:

=SUMPRODUCT(A1:A20,Z1:Z20)

If you zero any cells from Z1 thru Z20, the equivalent cells in column A
will appear strikethrough and the SUMPRODUCT formula will reflect that.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200853

"lightbulb" wrote:

Is there a way to have a formula not include a cell that the text has
strikethrough lines?

What I need is if $C$22:$C$375 = abc or = def or = ghi then sum G22:G375
unless strikethgrough has been added to the text by formatting of the cell.

It's the only way I could think of for certain cells to sometimes not be
added up (if the job is sent out rather than done in-plant) without deleteing
the formulas in G22:G375

Any Suggestions?
Thanks!