Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AHizon via OfficeKB.com AHizon via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Subtract 10 months from a Speficic Date

Below is the result I get when I do an F9 on Q5.
#REF!

I copied the below formula from the cells that have date-looking data that
result in #VALUE using formula=CODE(MID($Q$5,ROWS($1:1),1)) when I drag the
formula all the way down the column. I thought you wanted me to copy the
formulas from those cells that result in #VALUE using formula=CODE(MID($Q$5,
ROWS($1:1),1)) in a blank cell.

cellQ16=VLOOKUP(L16, 'M:\Administrative Analyst\VERIZON\VRZN WRLSS\USAGE
REPORTS\[Eligibilty Upgrade Device Report.xls]deviceRpt-1'!$A$1:$J$300, 5,

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
REPORTS\[Eligibilty Upgrade Device Report.xls]deviceRpt-1'!$A$1:$J$300, 5,
FALSE)

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
Below is the content of the date data:

=VLOOKUP(L5, 'M:\Administrative Analyst\VERIZON\VRZN WRLSS\USAGE REPORTS\
[Eligibilty Upgrade Device Report.xls]deviceRpt-1'!$A$1:$J$300, 5, FALSE)

Is this formula above in Q5?

If so, do this precisely:

place the cursor in the formula bar (the bar that starts with Fx)
F9 (should display only the formula result, highlighted)
<ctrl-c
<esc (should return the formula to the formula bar.

Place your cursor in the response window to this question.
<ctrl-v (should paste the result of that formula here).

If that formula is not in Q5, then I don't understand why you referred to Q5 in
the formula =CODE(... below.

When I use the =CODE(MID($Q$5,ROWS($1:1),1)) formula in a blank cell and get
the #VALUE:

If your date is showing in Q5, a #VALUE! error for this formula does not make
any sense.

How does these formulas below relate to the process I asked you to do?