Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Greg Lovern Greg Lovern is offline

Default How secure is Excel 2007 worksheet protection?

I have a friend who wants to protect the formulas in his workbook from
being seen. Is the worksheet protection in Excel 2007 any more secure
than in earlier versions?

I understand how to protect/hide the cell and then protect the sheet,
so that the cell's formula does not appear in the formula bar. But is
it still easy to crack the worksheet protection password with the
Excel software-cracking utilities available on the web?

It's been a while since I've really looked at this area. Where can I
find current information about best practices for worksheet protection
etc.?

Thanks,

Greg