Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CEckels CEckels is offline

Default Convert numbers to date: "586" to read "May 1986"

Many thanks to all who replied. All of your suggestions worked.

You've saved me hours!!

"CEckels" wrote:

I have a huge spreadsheet where all the dates in the date column are listed
as myy. For example "586" should be May 1986, and "801" should be August
2001.

Is there any way to convert the whole column so i dont' have to manually
change them?

If it helps, the file was an Access file my client burned toa CD. I opened
it on another computer and this was how the column appeared, so I'mnot sure
if its a formatting error on his end, or if that is how he actually entered
the data.

Thanks