Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default conditional formatting

If you followed my suggestion you are applying it to the whole range.

If you did follow my suggestion select cell A9. Goto the menu
FormatConditional Formatting. Note the formula, it applies to cell A9.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"LNS" wrote in message
which means that i can only apply conditional formatting to each cell,
that
is one by one? is there any way where i can apply it to the whole range?

"T. Valko" wrote:

Ok...

Let's assume you want to format the range A1:A10.

Select the range A1:A10
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Select the Formula Is option
Enter this formula in the box on the right:
=A1<B1
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"LNS" wrote in message
2003

"T. Valko" wrote:

What version of Excel are you using?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"LNS" wrote in message
How do I apply conditonally formatting to two rows which contain
text?
For
instance;

A B
1 Australia Australia
2 New Zealand Canada
3 Canada New Zealand

Is there anyway this is possible? Since row 2 shows that New Zealand
is
not
matching to Canada as in the first row so it highlights New Zealand
in
different color?