Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Find the first or last populated column in a range

What type of data is in the cells? Text? Numbers? Both? Any formulas that
return formula blanks?

Exactly what result do you want? The column letter?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Commish" wrote in message
I have a range of data, from columns C through Z.
And I have about 100 rows of financial data. The rows represent
projects, and the columns represents periods where costs were
incurred. So, some rows have data from C-Z, and others have data from
H-M.

How can I write a formula in column a1, to tell me which was the first
column to have a value in row 1? And, likewise, I want to know which
column has the last value.