Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John John is offline

Default Formula Question

Thanks for the reply. I dont know if that works. I tried it and got an
error message. This is what i am trying to do. I have a list of names, each
day has about 10-20 items. What i want to do, is compare the first fifteen
business days of one month to the first 15 days of another month. I have
created a pivot table and would like to get this information into a pivot
table to create a chart. i Can't compare the first 15 days of the each month
because some months might have more weekends than the other.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Try this. Holidays is a named range that contains any holiday dates you want
to exclude from the calculation. You can omit this if you want

=NETWORKDAYS(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1),DATE(YEAR( A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0),Holidays)

Mike

"John" wrote:

Is there a formula that gives you the number of business days in a month
(mon-Fri) I have a date in a column A , and I would give to write a formula
in column B that gives what business day of the week it is?