Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default How to increment a cell reference in a row

Thanks,

The =INDIRECT("05.09!M" & (ROW(A1)-1)*7+7) worked great. I did need to
change the (ROW to (COLUMN. After that it worked great.

Much thanks, this will save me time and increase the accuracy of the report.

--
Mike

"Mike H" wrote:

Jacob,

Suitably modified it doesn't have to go in row 1

=INDIRECT("05.09!M" & (ROW(A1)-1)*7+7)

Mike

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

In row 1 enter the below formula and copy that down..It picks the row number
and multiply by 7

=INDIRECT("05.09!M" & ROW()*7)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Mike" wrote:

I have a row of cells. The first cell in the row is ='05.09'!M7. I need the
second cell in the same row to be incremented by 7 ex: ='05.09'!M14 and the
following cells in the same row to be incremented by 7 continously. It would
look like this cell one ='05.09'!M7 cell two ='05.09'!M14 cell three
='05.09'!M21 cell four ='05.09'!M28.

How can I add 7 to the first cell and drag over the remaining cells in the
row.

The data from ='05.09'!M7 is in a different worksheet and in columns not rows.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Mike