Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Sorting Dates in format "01/19/09"

If the dates are set as text, you may see green triangles on the top of the
cells. Highlight all of them, click on the yellow exlamation point that
appears, and perform you correction there.

"Marcelo" wrote:

Hello SCH,

dates are numbers in excel and it does not deppend the format you use, it
looks you are working with text, instead of date, if my understand is wrong,
and you have dates as dates not as text, you just need sort descending

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"SCH" escreveu:

How do I set my Excel to Always sort dates in the following format by Year,
Month, and Day? My current setting sorts by Month, date, and then year.
For example my setting is sorting as follows:
01/19/09
02/01/08
02/17/08
etc.