Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting Dates in format "01/19/09"

By the looks of it, you're sorting as text, rather than dates. What
do=ISTEXT(cellref) and =ISNUMBER(cellref) give you for a typical cell in
your range? If you've got text, you'll need to change to dates before
sorting.
--
David Biddulph

"SCH" wrote in message
How do I set my Excel to Always sort dates in the following format by
Year,
Month, and Day? My current setting sorts by Month, date, and then year.
For example my setting is sorting as follows:
01/19/09
02/01/08
02/17/08
etc.