Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Birthdate 01/01/2000 Remove Slashes

Sprowler,

Format the cell as one of the date options without /s, or use a custom format mm dd yyyy or use =
TEXT(A1,"mmddyyyy"), or =MONTH(A1), = DAY(A1), = YEAR(A1) etc..

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Sprowler" wrote in message
We are trying to remove the slashes in the birthdate field but keep the
leading zero. We have used text to columns to separate the fields, then
converted the columns to text and added any missing zeros, but we can't seem
to get the concatenate field to work after that. There must be an easier
way. Help is appreciated.