Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Can't get email addresses to be "hot" when using lookup

You will have to handle the error. something like Iferror --blank

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A1:D1,2)),"",VLOOKUP (A1,Sheet1!A1:D1,2))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"bsharp" wrote:

Jacob -

Thanks, that worked.

At first I thought it wasn't working, until I tried having the other
workbook open that I'm pulling the email from, and then it worked.

It's funny because it will pull the email address into the cell and display
it even when the other workbook is closed, but the hot link won't generate an
email message unless the other workbok is open. If you have a solution for
that, I'd love to know.