Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default finding the earliest date in an array of cells

Hi,
you can array enter (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) the following

=INDEX($B$6:$C$8,MATCH(TRUE,C6:C80,0),1)

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Buck" wrote in message
I have one column with various dates.....lets say B2:B20. The next column
(C2:c20) with values such as 1, 4, 8, etc. I am trying to calculate the
earliest date with a value in the same row that is 0. So if B5 has the
earliest date, but the value of C5 is 0, I do not want that date.