Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Function to return the last value in a contiguous set of data

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A100="Government"),C1:C100)

"Deb" wrote:

I'm wondering if there's a way to have Excel look for a specific value in a
column (e.g. lookup the word "Government" in column A) and then if it finds
that value, to search down to the end of contiguous data following the lookup
value and return the value of the cell on the last row in the third column.

Can this be done?? I feel like it should be possible, but my brain is about
fried tried to figure it out...