Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Nesting the roundup Function in a larger formula

Bernard has given you the answer you asked for, but I have a question for my
own curiosity. You said E22 contained the circumference, so why are you
multiplying by PI? Now, if E22 held the diameter, then I could understand
multiplying by PI as PI*Diameter is the formula for circumference, but you
said you already have the circumference; so what is the multiplication by PI
doing?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"boxarox" wrote in message
=((((PI()*E22)*1.3)*0.377))*((H22/J20))*TotalCaisson

This is a formula for calculating the total weight of #3 rebar ties on a
caisson
Where E22=Caisson circumfrence in feet
Where 1.30= the additional length required for overlap
Where .377= the weight per foot of the tie.
where H22 = Caisson Depth in feet
where J20 = the rebar tie spacing in feet
where TotalCaisson= the number caissons in the project of the given
circumfrence

I need to modify the formula so returns a whole number in the results of
the
H22/J20 portion of the calculation. So if the spacing of the ties is say,
1.17 feet and the depth of the caisson is 10 feet , the results of this
portion of the formula is 9 rather than 8.547. (always rounded up to the
next
whole number)
Can you help?