Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Art Art is offline

Default Find amount in row.

But I also need to use this for the second to the largest and the third to
largest and so on. So I can't really use MAX. Is there a way that I can can
calculate the whole thing in one cell?

Thanks for your help.

"Ashish Mathur" wrote:

Hi,

you can try this. Suppose the table below is is in range F1:I4. In cell
J2, enter =max(G2:I2) and copy down. in cell J1, type Max

Now in cell A1 and B1, enter Type and Max respectively. In A2 and A3, enter
Plastic and Wood respectively. In cell A4, enter
=DSUM($F$1:$J$4,B1,A1:A3).

Please remember that for the Database functions I.e. DSUM, DCOUNT etc,
blanks are treated as all inclusive and therefore if you delete the entry in
cell A3, the result will be summation of all entries in the Max column.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"art" wrote in message
Hello All:

I would like to know how can I find out the folowing. I have a chart like
this:

Type Company 1 Company 2 Company 3
Product
Plastic 3.69 0.79 0.89
Metal 0.99 2.57 1.99
Wood 1.69 0.89 0.99

If I type in a cell A1 Plastic, then then cell A2 should tell me the
highest
price found in the row for plastic.

I also want to be able to type plastic in A1 and then in B1 wood and in
cell
A2 should calculate the total highest price for both.

Thanks in advance for any help.