Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Cell referencing

Hi,

You can also try this

Suppose the numbers are in range A2:A9. In cell A1, type Numbers. In cell
A12, use the following formula =MOD(ROW(A2:A9),2)=1. Now go to Data
Filter Advanced Filter and select "Copy to another location". In the list
range, refer to range A1:A9. In the criteria rang, refer to range A11A12
and in the copy to box , select D1:D9. Now click on OK.

Please note that this is not a dynamic solution I.e.if any values change in
range A2:A9, the result in D1:D9 will not change - you will have to rerun
the advanced filter.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Yuelin" wrote in message
Hi

I have values in a column of cells, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8 and so
on.

Then I only want to pick up the value in A2, A4, A6, A8...., and put them
into column B, i.e. B1, B2, B3, B4....

How to do this

Thanks

Yuelin