Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheeloo Sheeloo is offline

Default Excel 2002 date entry: Cannot get away from d-m-yy entry format

Is this happening in every workbook/every cell?

If it is happening in a few particular cells then check their format... it
might be d/m/yyyy

What is the format you see on the Windows taskbar... it should be mm/dd/yyyy

Enter the date 5/13/09 in a cell. Open Edit-Format Cells dialog
Choose Custom
Type mm-dd-yyyy and see how the result is shown.

"Steve Eklund" wrote:

I'm running Excel 2002 under Windows XP. When I enter a date in m-d-yy
format (for instance, May 10 as 5-10-09), Excel interprets it as Oct 5, 2009.

Here is what HAS NOT worked:
- Changing Excel's regional settings
- Changing Windows' regional date/time settings
These are defaulted to US settings, which should interpret 5-10-09 as May 10.

Any OTHER ideas as to what to try?
--
- Steve Eklund
Kansas City, MO