Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Imperial Imperial is offline

Default How to covert rows to columns or columns to rows.

I want to do just the opposite of that which you post. It would look like
this; also see my latest post for more details

Copy
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Ect.

Then paste or transpose into

A B C D E F G H I
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Ect.

A B C D E F G H I J
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

"smartin" wrote:

Imperial wrote:
I have text in rows that are in separate cells that Im trying to convert
into columns; which I figure out how to do by copying the rows click on the
cell and in the paste special box I then checking off transpose which lays
the copied rows into columns. Now what Im trying to do is the same thing;
however I want to be able to have lets say 10 cells that I copy in a row this
time when it puts into columns I only want 5 cells in that column and the
next 5 cells of the 10 copied I want it to go in the next column below. What
its doing with the 10 cells that I copied in the rows now when I transpose
them into a column is putting all 10 copies cells into 1 column which Im
trying to split the 10 cell rows into 2 columns and so on. Its got to be a
format or formula thing just unsure how to go about this. If someone could
help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. Hope I was good in
explaining.

So you want to transform

A B C D E F G H I J
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10