Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JBeaucaire[_90_] JBeaucaire[_90_] is offline

Default Using MIN & MAX

First, I would suggest you NOT put this in the same column as the data you're
evaluating since you can evaluate the entire column by staying out of it.

Column A = dates
Column B = values

E1 =MIN(B:B)
E2 =MAX(B:B)

F1 =INDEX(A:A,MATCH(E1,B:B,0))
F2 =INDEX(A:A,MATCH(E2,B:B,0))

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Jack Deuce" wrote:

I have two columns, A being dates and B being values. How can I
display from those two columns the minimum amount and the maximum
amounts in separate cells at the bottom of the list? IOW, I'd like to
see which date (from the column A) has the maximum and minimum value.

Thanks in advance..