Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Yuelin Yuelin is offline

Default Cell referencing

Thank you very much

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Oops...i didnt notice that you need this values in b1,b2,b3 . Try the below

=INDEX(A:A,ROW()*2)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Yuelin" wrote:

Hi Thanks for the reply. It doesn't work properly.

How about in column C, I put in sequential number 1, 2, 3, 4, ....

Then in column B i use the values in C, by:

putting in a function, =$B&($C1*2)

I have this idea, and not sure the format etc. Please can you advise?

Thanks

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

In cell B1 copy the formula and copy that down... this will pick only the
values in A2,A4 ... Once done. copy ColB. Right Click. Paste Special and OK
there itself.

=IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=0,A1,"")

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Yuelin" wrote:

Hi

I have values in a column of cells, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8 and so on.

Then I only want to pick up the value in A2, A4, A6, A8...., and put them
into column B, i.e. B1, B2, B3, B4....

How to do this

Thanks

Yuelin