Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Missing buttons!?

Assuming you are not using XL2007, click View/Toolbars/Customize on Excel's
menu bar. In the dialog box that appears, select Insert from the (left hand)
Categories list, scroll down on the (right hand) Commands list until you
find the symbols you want... you can click/drag each one of them onto any
toolbar and drop it there thus adding a button you can later click with your
mouse. Watch the icon when you are dragging... an X in the icon says you
can't drop it at the mouse's location whereas a + in the icon says you can
drop it at the mouse's location (also watch for the vertical bar on the
toolbar itself as that tells you where the new button will be placed).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

wrote in message
How can I show the basic math operators in a toolbar?

I find it tedious to switch betwwen the mouse (to select cells with
the mouse) and the keyboard (to enter operators) when im writing
simple formulas. For simple formula entering I would like to only work
with the mouse.

I miss = ,+ ,- ,* ,/ ,^, (, ) and : as clickable in a toolbar.

I will be thankful for help,

Regards