Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dana DeLouis[_3_] Dana DeLouis[_3_] is offline

Default Find the Date of the Next Friday

... I also seem to remember that the solution
*may* include use of the MOD() function.

Hi. You may be thinking of this, where the '6 represents your "Friday"

=A1+MOD(6-WEEKDAY(A1),7)

If the question was about Thursday, change '6 to '5.
= = = =
Dana DeLouis

Thomas M. wrote:
Wow! My recollection on how to do that was way off! ;-)

Thanks for the help. I've added your formula to my file and it works
perfectly.

--Tom

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Wed, 6 May 2009 21:50:41 -0600, Thomas M.
wrote:

I found a formula on the Internet that works.

=TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY())+IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY())6,13,6)

Anyone have a better way of doing this?

--Tom

As Rick wrote, merely substitute TODAY() for A1 in the formula I
previously
posted.

=A1+7-WEEKDAY(A1+1)

or put TODAY() in A1 or some other cell to be referenced.

The formula I posted can be generalized to:

=A1+7-WEEKDAY(A1+7-DOW)

where DOW is Day Of Week and 1=Sun,2=Mon...6=Fri,7=Sun

--ron