sturville

Thanks Neil, you are correct that I have text and not numbers that I need to
combine. I know I can do it cell by cell, but I have about 2000 rows of text
that I need to combine. Is there a formula I can use rather than going row
by row?

"Neil" wrote:

Not much to go on here regarding cell contents and formatting, but I'm
assuming that you have text in the cells and you just want to make on long
text string. (If it was numerical data, you would of course just add them!)

If we assume you have 'Neil' in cell A1, and 'Warwick' in cell B1, then to
make cell C1 to be the addition of both strings enter the formula:

=A1&B1

This will give you NeilWarwick.

to add a space try the following

=A1&" "&B1

If I have made the wrong assumption about your cells, then please post back
with some more detailed information.

HTH

Neil
www.nwarwick.co.uk