Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
stgislander stgislander is offline

Default Custom Toolbar from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003

It's been two weeks since I've heard anything regarding this problem. I
guess I've stumped the experts.

"stgislander" wrote:

This toolbar was not created by my company. This toolbar and associated
macros were created by Village Software and came bundled in Office 2000 when
we purchased it. I spoke to the person who setup our small office network
and he feels confident that they are written in VBA.

I read Debra Dalgleish's site for creating a toolbar through code. When I
look at the same workbook in both Excel 2000 and Excel 2003, I see that the
exact same Add-Ins are installed. The macros still work. The toolbar just
doesn't appear in Excel 2003.

I do not have a file named Excel9.xlb residing on my PC. The closest thing
I have is the file Excel9.olb.

I hope this clarifies things a little more.

stgislander

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

How did you create the custom toolbar?

If not through code, the custom toolbar will be found in your Excel9.xlb
file where it was originally created.

Attaching toolbars to a workbook is not a good idea and can fail as you have
found out.

To have a custom toolbar available across versions, it is best to create the
toolbar through VBA code.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for creating a toolbar through code.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar02.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:22:09 -0700, stgislander
wrote:

I'm hoping someone can help with this problem I have a workbook created in
excel 2000 with macros in it and also a custom toolbar. When I open the
workbook in excel 2003, the custom toolbar does not appear. When I go to
Tools/Customize/Toolbars/Attach Toolbars the name of my toolbar appears in
the right hand window (Toolbars in Workbook:), but the left hand window is
empty (Custom Toolbars:). My custom toolbar does not appear under
View/Toolbars either.

How can I get my custom toolbar into excell 2003?