Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ADC76 ADC76 is offline

Default Trying to calculate results in one cell, based on data of anot

OK. That formula is working great! Unfortunately it seems to be throwing of
the calcuations of another cell all together. I'm now getting a #VALUE error
message in my totals cell on on that row. That cell's formula is
H1+B1+C1+D1+E1+F1
The results show in I1. Only when all cells are blank do I get the #VALUE
error. If the data is entered in any cell of Row 1, the formulas work fine.
However, I have a cell at the bottom of column I that is to total all data in
that column, and that formula is not working at all. =SUM(I1:I30)
Thanks for your help.
ADC76

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try this

=IF(A1<=0,"",IF(A1<=49.95,12.48,A1*0.5))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"ADC76" wrote:

That seems to work great. But, now I realize that I want the B1 cell blank
unless there is data entered in the A1 cell. 12.48 is in the B1 cell all the
time now.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

You mean A1*.5 right?. Formula in B1

=IF(A1<=49.95,12.48,A1*0.5)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"ADC76" wrote:

Hello,
Here's my problem: If A1 is less than or equal to 49.95, I need B1 to show
a result of 12.48. If A1 is greater than 49.95, I need B1 to multiply the A1
number by 50%.
Here's the formula I've been trying to use, but it isn't working the way I
need it to:
=IF(AND(A1<=49.95,B1=12.48,IF(A149.95,B1*0.5,0)))
I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks,
ADC76