learner

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your great suggestions. I like it very much. But, I feel like I
have to do the formating twice for each column--greater than and less than.
Since I have alot of columns in one table, and I have a couple of tables, I
am wondering if you have any other suggestions of doing all the columns
simultaneously?

I really appreciate your time and help,

ming

"Bill Kuunders" wrote:

Enter in a cell A1 =AVERAGE(A3:A10)+2*(STDEV(A3:A10)) for example

Go to <format<conditional format and enter the condition to be cell value
greater than A1
<format...... to select the pattern or colour you would like to see as cell
colour.

enter in cell A2 =AVERAGE(A3:A10)-2*(STDEV(A3:A10))
etc
--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K

"learner" wrote in message
I am new to excel, my question may be silly for you. But I really don't
know
how to do it and hope to get your help.

I need to do statistic analysis of my data table which has lots of
columns.
First of all, in each column, I want to find and highlight the value that
is
bigger than mean+two times standard derivation, or smaller than mean-2*
standard derivation. Do you have any suggestions about how to do it?

Thanks alot,

ming