Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Vlookup edited

You can look up in one column, but why???? cuz you get what you looked for,
if it's there.
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(E1,C2:C22,1,0)),"",VLOOKUP(E1,C2: C22,1,0))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

VLOOKUP formula requires at least a two-column table.

See help on VLOOKUP

Conditional Formatting does not come into play.

You replace your existing VLOOKUP formula with the one I supplied.

If a value cannot be found the NA will be suppressed.

Post your current VLOOKUP formula so's we can see what to modify.

Gord

On Thu, 7 May 2009 10:31:02 -0700, israel

wrote:

Thank you for your prompt reply, but I am a bit confused. I should point
out,
my result vlookup column is L2:L385. I assume your formula should be
applied once I have the result ffrom "vlookup", in "conditional
formating".
Please advise.

Thank you