Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default No tab for error bars in Excel 2007

This happened because of faulty interface design decisions. Apparently
nobody at Microsoft had any experience making real charts, so the features
that are needed for these charts are hidden, and even when you can find
them, they are poorly implemented.

I discuss Excel 2007 error bars in my blog at
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/err...in-excel-2007/

Even better than discussing Excel 2007 error bars, I've built a small
utility you can use to make it easier to apply error bars in Excel 2007 and
in earlier versions.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______

"Ron" wrote in message
I have a wierd problem. My company has pushed MS Office 2007 onto my
computer set to compatibility mode. When i do a scatter plot, I
follow the instructions to put Y axis error bars into the data set.
When i get to the "Format Data Series" popup, there is nothing about
error bars. How could this happen? I also tried a line graph and had
the same problem. I am running version 12.0.6214.1000 SP1 MSO
(12.0.6213.1000).