Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Francis[_2_] Francis[_2_] is offline

Default Working with Dates

try if this is what you are after
=IF(G7="","",$K$2-G7)

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another

"btyler" wrote:

Hi Francis, many thanks this is my Formula:

=$K$2-G7

K2 is the current date & cell G7 is the variable date, the above formula
retuns the result as a number

For example if K2 is 07/05/09 and G7 is 06/05/09 the result is 1

"Francis" wrote:

would you show your formula?
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another

"btyler" wrote:

Hi,

I have a formula that works by taking the current date and working out the
number of days between today and another date entered in a seperate cell, the
answer is show as a number.

This works fine, the problem I have is that when i copy the formula down
throughout the sheet, when the 2nd date cell is blank the result box (where
the formula is, is defaulting to 39926, once i enter a date into the 2nd
cell, the formula then works and shows the correct answer.

My question is, is there a way that rather than defaulting to 39926 that the
answer cell could remain blank until a date is entered into the 2nd date cell.

Thanks in advance for any help.