Alan

Nice one, got there in the end!
Regards,
Alan.
"Rodney" wrote in message
Goodness Gracious! finally.
Thank you very much indeed. (Alan and Ian)

Where I got nobbled was the "No Color" bar,
didn't see it, I must have clicked every color imaginable.
(I mean, it couldn't be much bigger, could it :)

I am a philatelist, and such occurrences when met looking
in a Catalogue for an issue is referred to as "catalogue blindness".

In MSWorks, setting gridlines and font to "white" was one workaround
for protecting discreet info.

"Alan" wrote in message
| If you highlight the range, right click, 'Format Cells' 'Borders' you
will
| see the edges of the cells shown in a fuzzy sort of way which indicates
| there is more than one type of border present. Click 'None' as Ian Roy
| suggests, click both the external and internal icons to the right of the
| box, OK.
| Now the dots are gone but you have no dull grey borders as you describe
them
| which are the standard gridlines in XL.
| Highlight the range again, right click, 'Format Cells' 'Patterns'
Click
| 'No Colour' This will set the range back to the status quo, in your
file.
| The cell colour in that range is white which means gridlines are not
| displayed.
| Regards,
| Alan.
| "Rodney" wrote in message
|
| G'day Alan,
| I still cannot get it.
| I select the cells, FormatCellsBorder
| select Outline and Inside.
| Select colour to Automatic
| Enter
| The cell borders lose the dots but become darker
| I cannot with any matrix get the cell borders back
| to that dull grey colour, as in the rest of the sheet.
|

| "Alan" wrote in message
| | I got the mail, it was just border formatting (Format Cells
Border)
| and
| | the cell colour set to white. I tried to mail the corrected file to
you
| but
| | it bounced back to me saying the address you used was invalid,
| | Regards,
| | Alan.
| | "Rodney" wrote in message
| | G'day Alan,
| |
| | I'll strip the bulk of the columns, and email forthwith
| | (It's probably something really simple and obvious)
| |
| | Regards
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | "Alan" wrote in message
| | | Looked at you example. Please send me the file (if you want to)
I'm
| | really
| | | quite curious,
| | | If you decide to do so please use
| | |
| | | Remove NOSPAM for obvious reasons,
| | | Regards,
| | | "Rodney" wrote in message
| | |
| | | In my sheet, I have a bunch of cells that have dotted borders,
| | | I cannot change this under format.
| | | When I add a column alongside, that part of the column offers
no
| | | gridlines at all, all is blank.
| | |
| | | How do I rectify this please, and get back to naormal cell
border
| | format?
| | |
| | | Thank you.