Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find the Date of the Next Friday

The general formula Ron posted is much better (he assumed the date you
wanted to reference was in A1 whereas you are interested in today's date
only); here is his formula restructured for the specific way you want to use
it...

=TODAY()+7-WEEKDAY(TODAY()+1)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Thomas M." wrote in message
I found a formula on the Internet that works.

=TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY())+IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY())6,13,6)

Anyone have a better way of doing this?

--Tom

In article ,
says...
Excel 2007

This is driving me nuts, primarily because I know that I've done this
before, but I just can't seem to zero in on the solution today, and I
haven't been able to find it in my other files. I need a formula that
does
the following two things:

1) If the current day is a Friday, put the current date
2) In all other cases put the date of the *next* Friday

I seem to remember that this requires a combination of the DATE(), DAY(),
NOW(), and WEEKDAY() functions. I also seem to remember that the
solution
*may* include use of the MOD() function. Anyone have a way to do this?

--Tom