Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Text from a comment box into a cell

Hi,

I replicated the steps and it worked as expected - no error

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"MFS" wrote in message
Hi, is there any solution to extract the text written in a comment box to
specific cell

I tried the following but this message #name? appeared

Select the cell which has the comment
Go to InsertName (Define Name in formulas tap) a window will appear
Now insert the following formula in the "Refers to" box -
get.object(12,"comment 1") and give it a name, say trial
In any cell (say A5) where you want to insert the contents of the comments
box, say =trial.

Please check where is my mistake, note that I have Office 2007.