Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Find the Date of the Next Friday

On Sat, 9 May 2009 17:46:13 -0600, "Thomas M."
wrote:

Excel 2007

This is driving me nuts, primarily because I know that I've done this
before, but I just can't seem to zero in on the solution today, and I
haven't been able to find it in my other files. I need a formula that does
the following two things:

1) If the current day is a Friday, put the current date
2) In all other cases put the date of the *next* Friday

I seem to remember that this requires a combination of the DATE(), DAY(),
NOW(), and WEEKDAY() functions. I also seem to remember that the solution
*may* include use of the MOD() function. Anyone have a way to do this?

--Tom

=A1+7-WEEKDAY(A1+1)
--ron