Needs Help

Default How to move one piece of text to another column

Ok Ill explain what im doing to help understand how to help. I have a column
that lists last names then a space then a middle initial(Example column A =
David H). I need to turn that into 2 columns, one with last name, then the
other with middle initial. The catch is not all have a middle initial ( some
just say David). There are 4400 entries which would make it a long time to do
by hand. I would greatly appreciate any expierenced excels users help. If
there is not a way to do it in excel, can it be done in access? Thanks soooo
much