Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Incorporating Cell color fill in an "if" logical function?

If CF is not available and worksheet is not protected perhaps the workbook
has been shared under ToolsShare Workbook.

Unshare to regain CF capability.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 5 May 2009 23:21:01 -0700, Lee
wrote:

Hello there

Wondering if you can help.

I have problem with worksheet at work. Running 2003. I have in some cells
formula with if and hlookup. It picks up colour in cell pending answer. IE
if comes back due then cell says due and changes to yellow if expired then
expired returns andcell changes to red. THese have been set up for some time.
I have had to add new columns and rows. In the new ones they are changing
to due and expired but not picking up colours. I have looked into
conditional formatting but it is blocked and I cannot select it.

Can you advise something please.

Also if can help. I can't merge cells on the new ones I have added. I have
checked and the worksheet is not locked.

Thanks

Lee

"T. Valko" wrote:

I am using vista and excel 2007.

Try this...

Assume the cell in question is A1
Select cell A1
Goto Home tabStylesConditional FormattingManage Rules
Click New RuleUse a formula to determine.....
Enter this formula in the box: =A1="I"
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OKOKApply

Now, click New Rule and repeat the process for each of the conditions.

This was much easier in previous versions of Excel!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Shawn" wrote in message
I have a similar question to this thread...

I have a cell that contains an if statement that returns either I, II, III
or IV depending on criteria. Can I also make the cell turn a different
colour
for each of these results? e.g. (Red for I, Orange for II, etc.) I used to
know how to do this in the old excel, but now I am using vista and excel
2007.

Thanks.

Shawn

"Miguel Zapico" wrote:

You can use Format-conditional formating, select "Formula is", and
insert
the condition that evaluates to true/false in the text box.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"George_Sky" wrote:

I want to identify a specific cell by highlighting it with a cell fill
color
when an "if" statement returns a "ture" response. How do I do this?