Jim Rech

In fact I am not even touching the | keyboard at the time!

Even so, the macro is stopping as if you hit Esc. I cannot imagine what is
causing this but you can try to deal with the symptoms with this:

Application.EnableCancelKey = xlDisabled

After this Esc will not stop the macro (which you may not like) and perhaps
this will stop the pseudo-Esc too.

--
Jim