Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pen pen is offline

Default Hiding sum formula answers in select cells

Thank you!

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi Pen
The formula in C14 will be =B14, then in cell C15 enter the formula as follow
=If(B15="","",(B15+C14)
Copy the formula down
Hope this helped

"pen" wrote:

Pete_UK -- I did not describe what I need clearly enough. Sorry about that.
Let me try again.

I am inputing a number of hours in cells B14 - B15 (eg: 2 hours & 3 hours),
but I have space to input hours from B14 - B29. C14 - C29 should add up the
total number of hours, adding together B14 & B15, etc...and displaying the
sum total of both in C15 (eg: 5 hours). What is happening is that this
total is repeated from C16 - C29. I am looking for a way to keep the formula
in C16 - C29 but to hide the results of that formula so that the sum total is
not repeated. I need all of the rows to be visible, so just hiding the rows
is not an option.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

I'm not sure why you need a SUM formula - are you adding cells
together?

From your example, you could do this in C14:

=IF(B14<"",B14,"")

and then copy this down to C29.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 4, 5:14 pm, pen wrote:
In Excel 2003 I have a simple sum formula that is copied down the column.
When I type in a value, it displays the answer all the way down the column.
Is there a way to hide the answer in only the cells that are for rows where
no value is typed in?

For example: Cell B14 has the value 2 in it, and cells C14 - C29 have the
total 2 displayed. I just want the total of 2 displayed in only C14 and
hidden from C15 - C29.

Is this possible?