Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default vlookup

Pammy,

Try this

=IF(COUNTIF(Main!A2:A1491,A2)=0,"Lookup Not
Found",VLOOKUP(A2,Main!A2:D1491,4,FALSE))

or to return Null

=IF(COUNTIF(Main!A2:A1491,A2)=0,"",VLOOKUP(A2,Main !A2:D1491,4,FALSE))

Mike

"Pammy" wrote:

I have two worksheets: the main worksheet has all the employees with the
employee number in column A sorted ascending and years of service in col D.
The workbrain worksheet has employee numbers in A and my formula in G which
is:

vlookup(a2,main!a2:d1491,4)
the information is correct that is returned, but I have employees that is on
the workbrain sheet and not on the main, and it is pulling in 10.75 on these
10 cells. Is there a way to add to my formula that if it doesn't find that
emp # to bring in a 0?