Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formulas with no results

A very simple example. Say we have:

=A1+A2

Instead use:

=IF(OR(A1="",A2=""),"-",A1+A2)

Now if either A1 or A2 is empty, a dash is displayed rathr than the sum.

Adjust cells to suit.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200851

"Sondra" wrote:

I'm creating an invoice, I would like to to set up the formulas up for all
cells so that even if they do not yet have any information there would be an
end result. An item could be entered on any line and the invoice will work.
If no item information is entered there should not be anything displayed;
however, in the Total Price cells, the resulting number should be formatted
to show dollars and cents, but if nothing is entered the cell should display
a dash only.

My biggest issue is formatting the "Total Price" cell to show a dash if
nothing is entered.

Thanks in advance.