Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] rb23@passport.com is offline

Default negitive and possitive numbers

That did help but, the problem I have is the columns I want to us are not
next to each other. It's more like I8,L8 and O8 and the columns in between
them have valves that I don't want in the equation. just the three shown
above. I tried to replace the : with , but got errors.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

With your values in A1 thru A3, enter:

=SUM(ABS(A1:A3))

This is an array formula that must be entered with CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER rather
than just the ENTER key.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200851

" wrote:

I want to add negitive and possitive numbers, but I only want the total of
the value in the three columns ignoring the + or - sign. example (-2) (-3)
(4) would equal -1, but I want it to equal 9