Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Converting Minutes and Seconds ([mm]:ss) to Decimal

Multiply by 1440

A1 = 221:52 [mm]:ss format

=A1*1440

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ChasSquirrel" wrote in message
I work on the phone and get paid per minute. I keep track of my calls in a
spreadsheet. I have the cell format set to [mm]:ss so it still shows
minutes
even when the minutes go over 60. My question is: How do I convert the
total
MIN:SEC to the decimal version so I can them mulitply that by .22. I've
seen
how to convert it when you are using HOUR:MIN but not MIN:SEC.
for example:
If I have a total of 221:52 i.e. 221 minutes and 52 seconds I want to
convert it to 221.86.
Thanks for your help!
Shirley